NORTH TEXAS DAILY/CAMPUS CHAT
The student newspaper for the University of North Texas was first published on November 1, 1916 under the title The Campus Chat. The paper was published once a month during semesters. By the late 1940s the paper was being distributed on a semi-weekly basis.. In 1970 the name was changed to The North Texas Daily, and papers are now printed four days a week in the fall and spring while classes are in session and once a week during the summer. The non-profit newspaper is a journalism laboratory product that is written, edited, and designed by UNT students. Reporters, copy editors, and other newspaper staff contribute to the newspaper as part of their classwork. By the time of the name change to The North Texas Daily, the paper had won 53 All-American ratings and five Pacemaker awards from the Associated Collegiate Press.
The samples below illustrate university and community reaction to the Vietnam War in 1967-1968. The entire digitized collection can be viewed online at The Portal to Texas History.